Monday, June 4, 2007

Introducing Zak

Now, there was some great hair at my high school, but Zak's was the best. 

Guitar class brought people from all the different social cliques together.  Once I entered that realm, I developed an enormous crush on Zak.  He turned out to be a really nice guy, too.  Zak would walk into class in the morning. sit down, and brush his hair.  His spirit animal had to be a horse, because he had this long face and this beautiful flowing mane.  If he had given me a chance, I would have brushed his hair on the daily.  Once he let me French braid it, and I swear I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  I was so fixated on his hair, that I would find myself twirling my hair around my finger when he would twirl his.  While sitting in the audience at a guitar concert, my mother scolded us for twirling our hair.  We looked at each other, traded strands, and twirled each other's hair in a fit of laughter.  Twirl.  Say it.  Twiiiiiirl....

Anyway, that sad day came.  Zak hacked his locks off.  All that was left was a chin-length bowl cut. I cried a little inside.  He sat down beside me.  I told him it looked nice.  I was lying.  And he told me that he was a little disappointed.  I asked why.  He said, "Well, I was really hoping it would look a little more like your hair."


No comments: