Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Introducing Megan

LB.  Little Brain.  She doesn't really live up to the name.  I know it comes from the days of yore when Kelly (her big sister) would get a frantic phone call from God-knows-where in Chicago.  "I lost my wallet," LB would admit. 

 

"Oh, LB,"  the key department would sigh in unison.

 

Megan has come a long way from her early days searching for a job, searching for her soul path, searching for her wallet.  I have only known her for 3 years, but I feel that I have seen her progress from adolescence to womanhood.  Her posture, her attitude, and her flair for accessorizing are to be envied.  I find Megan sporting the hair color of my dreams, then the next week it's something different, but equally dramatic.  She also makes going to school and changing jobs look effortless.  I know there is more emotion behind it than I see, but I have always wished I could be more of a B-type personality like her.  And, just when I think there is no more that White Stripes and Led Zeppelin records rattling around in her noggin, she suddenly knows every word to my jazz songs.  Truly a chameleon.  Megan will continue to grow.  But she will always be our Little Brain. 


No comments: