Thursday, June 21, 2007

Introducing Ida

One sunny weekend afternoon (what afternoons aren't sunny in NM?) Ida, Kathy, Angie and I got together to watch a movie.  We had been discussing the Color Purple for weeks, and we decided to make a date to view it.  We also decided to incorporate some craft time into the day, so we bought a paintable tea set.  Each girl got a cup and saucer.   We painted to our hearts content, and then used the cups for tequila. 

Thinking of Ida also makes me nostalgic for Three-Dollar Cleavers Night.  Whoever wanted to be part of this weekly Sunday evening extravaganza would simply supply me with three dollars beforehand.  Once I collected that from each person, I would go to the grocery store, buy as much dinner stuff I could with the cash, and come home and cook for everyone.  Usually we had meatloaf and mashed potatoes and peas.  And salad, too.  Don't forget the salad.  I pretended to be June Cleaver all for a $3 cover charge.  This all took place at Ida's house.  She lived in the house with the best kitchen and dining room, so it was a given that dinner parties would happen there.  I miss having weekends to do whatever. 

Finally, Ida is part of one of the cutest girl pics ever.  I will have to post it when I get home.  It's an assembly of the aforementioned girl crew.  We looked very sweet and good, but we were famous for making disgusting "your mom" jokes. 


No comments: