Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Introducing Kidney


In my quest for knowledge, I started looking up info on renal disease.  Thank goodness for the internet.  Following doctor's orders, I didn't look up HUS or TTP for too long, but I would do goofy searches like "body builder kidney" or "cute kidney" just to keep things interesting.  When I searched the word "kidney" on MySpace, this is the little guy who came up.  You should definitely visit his profile.  All his friends are other internal organs.  It's lighthearted way of looking at kidney problems/kidney successes.  And how cute is this image?  I mean, he makes Spleen look like chopped liver.  Sorry Liver.  Sorry Amy.

 

The comments on this page are great.  Some people are counting the days before their transplant.  Some folks are proudly announcing that they donated a kidney.  Some people are mad at kidney for not working well.  During the time when I had no sense of humor about Marky's kidneys, this was a good giggle for me.  Kidney is, of course, my favorite in the "I Heart Guts" series, but if you ever have issues with any of your own organs, I highly recommend becoming friends with them!

No comments: