Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Introducing Aya

Aya has a wicked sense of humor.  I can say something repulsive and she will, without blinking, trump me.  Hanging out with her is kind of like hanging out with a really pretty frat boy.  It's a damn shame that people who are not her immediate friends can't see her bulletins, because she posts wonderfullly sarcastic quizzes. 

 

Throughout the month of Marky's hospital stay, Aya was one of those people who made life easier.  She doesn't know me well (Marky and Aya work together occasionally), but she reached out when she knew I needed it.  Offering to take care of paperwork at Cheetah, to have her boyfriend extract our A/C units, to visit Marky at St. Joe's, etc.  The knowledge that someone was at the ready made life a little less daunting.  Back then, she was a virtual stranger, but I know now that she is a mature, strong, caring person. 

 

I am indebted to Aya for giving us a hand up when we were in need.


No comments: