Sunday, June 3, 2007

Introducing Tom

My favorite story about Tom has already been written.  It's under "The Day That Changed My Life" circa August 2006.  What else could I say about Tom?

Well, he bosses me around.  And I like it.  Once he was trying to teach me to jitterbug, at which I stink, and he stopped mid-jitter to instruct, "I lead, you follow."  I took a breath and relaxed, and we did much better.

While blocking my first kissing scene in a play, he made me spit out my gum.  Who isn't nervous about that?  But it actually made me feel a little more at ease. 

Tom knows that I am a fast, high, loud singer, and my audition pieces reflect that.  I get much more nervous about singing sweet, emotive songs.  After shakily performing the ingenue ballad in a show with Tom, he took me aside and made me promise to use that song in my next audition. 

Also, when telling the story of the coffee mug tattoo on his ankle, Tom will tell you of the design that was its runner up, years ago.  It was a green mermaid logo of a homey little coffee shop in Seattle.  Starbucks was the name, if memory serves. 

No comments: