Saturday, June 9, 2007

Introducing Panya

Oh, Sister Panya.  Is that a green thong on your vacuum cleaner?  Can I help you with your MySpace Page?  And why is that black dog so racist?  Don't you touch that dial if Lifetime is on.  I don't care if she is on her phone. DON'T TOUCH IT!!

Aside from tormenting her about chewing gum while she was in a fashion show, making fun of her modeling photos, and hiding her cleaning supplies, we have a good relationship with Panya.  She is a big hearted lady and a hard working mom. 

My favorite memory of her is when she was sitting in our office during her break.  We were all working silently when "Kashmir" came on my radio station.  Panya, in perfect unison, joined Robert Plant, "Whoa let the su-un beat down upon my fa-ace..."

I looked at her, surprised she knew every little breath of the song.  "Panya? Listen to you!"

"That's one of my skating songs," Panya declared.  And in that moment I saw her in a different light.  I guess she goes roller skating in the evening.  I get a kick thinking of her gliding along the hardwood floor, making eyes at the guys, and jamming to classic rock.  Oh Panya.  Stop wearing jeans to work. 

No comments: