Thursday, September 20, 2007

Introducing Beau


There are only two reasons I am friends with Beau.  I need to break into the movies, and his sister is hot. 

Beau makes me smile.  He is a warm fuzzy.  When you sit down with Beau, you feel like you are a kid, and not in a naive-awkward-teen way.  We're talking about a milk-and-Golden-Grahams-sitting-in-front-of-the-TV-watching-Saturday-morning-cartoons way.  He just makes me feel comfortable.  Beau has this way of making you feel like you are smart and talented, and that you are the first person to have the thought you are sharing with him. 

He is talented, himself.  Beau is one of those rare gems who could easily be a shameless name dropper and self promoter, but he isn't.  He just fires up that wildly expensive steadicam, flashes his boyish grin, and runs like hell.  After seeing his demo of steadicam work, I look at every television show and movie differently.  Although he doesn't take credit for taking a great still, Beau also spent some time taking photos of my jazz band.  I really don't care if he thinks they aren't his best work, when I showed the pics to the other guys in the band, they LOVED what he captured. 

I don't know anything about the movies, I don't know anything about photography.  What I do know is that I respect a person who passionately pursues their dream.  Beau has a pretty darn good dream, and I believe he is going to succeed. 

No comments: