Saturday, September 1, 2007

Introducing Amy

I recently changed my top friends, and it got my friend list all mixed up.  Without realizing my new "Toppies" had moved in the grand scheme, I went forward with blogs.  Before I knew it, a couple friends had been left in the dust, including the ebullient and effervescent Amy.  In the interest of order and sanity, I shall backtrack and catch up, but I will also derive personal devilish satisfaction from this debacle, because Amy is the one friend who predicted I would give up on my blog project before reaching her.  Onward.

Amy and I met at the office.  She was busy servicing landlords while I serviced guests.  A beloved office mate, the day her kitty was diagnosed with cancer, and amputation was imminent, we pulled together to think of a way to pay the exorbinant vet bills.  I felt very proud of our walkathon ideas, such as "Pussyfootin' 2004" and "Walk for the Pussy".  Alas, a private donor helped Amy, but we were ready to strut our paws for the cause.  I learned Amy's love for animals then, but that love was reinforced when I learned that Amy is the president of the "Vegetarians for Pork" Campaign.  She is also one of the few outsiders who Roger truly adores.  She calls him a "beautiful boy" and she is right.  She is easily his favorite cat sitter.  Although I have oft been called upon to catsit for Amy, I'm not sure she actually has cats. 

This office is prone to bouts of SBD-itis.  A small group gets together and trudges through the South Beach Diet, then after 2 weeks, it's so done for.  Well, the first time I ever did SBD, Amy was also in the trenches, and we planned to celebrate by having a special lunch together.  I didn't know Amy all that well, but thought it would be nice to get away from the office.  We went to a restaurant that is famous for its wonderful desserts.  We were disappointed with the service and the selection, but we had a lovely conversation.  After that luncheon, we had several other engagements at what became our regular booth at Stella's. 

Every time I get together with Amy, we have a good time.  She can be quite the confidant.  And our outings are usually ripe with adventure.  "Fun" shots at Kitty Moon, getting kicked out of Champions because I have no I.D., and trying in vain to catch a cab from Edgewater Lounge.  From the list of venues, one would think both Amy and I imbibe more than the average person.  It's just not true.  Even if you have read her comment to me threatening to appear on my couch to share some cabernet with Roger.  I told you she's an animal lover.  She would never hold out on Rogey. 

There you go Amy.  Did I leave anything out?

No comments: