Monday, May 21, 2007

Introducing Tifanie


Tifanie was a Junior when I was a Freshman in high school.  We were in theater and French class together.  Tifanie was sort of dark and mysterious at first, but when I got to know her better, she was downright sweet and maternal.  There were three things that Tifanie did that I wanted to emulate: She laughed like a woman, not a girl.  She dyed her hair cool colors.   She also sounded like a real Frenchy when she recited text in Mr. Harrison's class. 

For reasons unknown to myself, Tifanie had an argument with a fellow thespian, Simon.  She was obviously very upset with him, and he needed to apologize.  In lieu of flowers (which would have been a good move at that point), Simon brought Tifanie an artichoke.  Instead of raising an eyebrow, like a scorned woman should have, Tifanie threw her head back in laughter and forgave him.  It was a good lesson for me. 


No comments: