Thursday, May 24, 2007

Introducing Stephen


Hair. 

Long hair, blond hair, thick hair, eyebrow hair, HAIR!  Stephen's hair is to be envied.  I met Stephen in high school.  He was a couple years younger than me, and he just had this... hair.  I dunno, he had this page-boy haircut, a shade of blond you can't duplicate no matter how many highlights you pay for.  If that wasn't enough, he did what I wanted every boy to do in the early nineties.  He put it in little braids.  It was pretty cute.  About a year later, he did what I wanted NO boy to do in the early nineties.  He cut it!  But, even though it was shorter, it was equally dramatic in style.  Then he radically bleached his locks.  I missed the natural blond, but I envied his willingness to make a change like that.  I only had the guts to dye my hair maroon. 

This head of hair just seemed to have a life of its own.  I credit Stephen as being the first metrosexual I ever knew, mostly because I imagine he had an arsenal of hair products for his morning grooming regime. 

I look at Stephen's pictures now, and breathe a sigh of relief that his passion for good hair hasn't wavered.  Or maybe it's the hair that gets to make the decision.  Maybe Stephen never had a choice.  Hmm...

No comments: