Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When Does a Swatch Become a Remnant?


I almost wrote this as a status update on Facebook, but the thought is just a little too long for that small venue:



Dear Starbuck's Barista,

My apologies for misleading you when I ordered a "large" coffee.  Beaten down by I long day at the office, I was looking forward to some caffeine rejuvenation before an also long rehearsal.  The spouse of a former barista.  I should have known better.  Oh, the mountain of regret as that little word slipped out.  Mea culpa.  I encountered the most basic of syntax errors, but in so quickly (and let's be honest, unnecessarily)  correcting me, so did you.  The word is "venti," pronounced ven-TEE.  Not ven-TAY.     

Let's agree to disagré.



Sincerely,
The Princess of Diction

1 comment:

moniviolin said...

You f'n rock! I love it.