Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Overexposed Whore


Okay, that title is a little dramatic.  And, no, I'm not about to write about Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton.  

For the second time, I'm doing the Biggest Loser Comp at work.  It's a 5-month fight to the death... of fat.  And laziness.  And minimal sex appeal.  Seriously.  Last year, the whole office seemed to transform.  People looked better, but they also felt better, so they were more confident.  It was a really good thing for the whole crew.  Don't get me wrong, there was a downside.  The working out was exhausting.  All I wanted to do was sleep.  That fatigue made it difficult to navigate the questions about food and exercise.  Then when I got to the point where I should have been really confident and happy, I went to the mall to get some new clothes, and nearly had a nervous breakdown.  And then it happened again.  And again.  Poor baby, I know.  But the end result was difficult in a way I never could have imagined.  And then I got over it, and haven't been perfect since.  But pobody's nerfect.  I'm ready to jump back in.  

In a show of good will and support for my fellow losers, I'm committing to a weekly blog detailing my diet and exercise regimen.  There is no secret.  It's just a lot of work.  And if anyone has any questions about what a squat thrust or a prison-style lunge is, I will help you find a diagram, or demonstrate it, or refer you to an awesome personal trainer.  I have an easier time with typing than talking.  If people ask me what I'm doing, I'll show them my blog.  I'll be as honest as possible, exposing every little detail.  

My book, is, of course, advertised here.  No harm in whoring myself for a potential sale!

No comments: