Friday, January 9, 2009

Freek One 1/14-1/21


Just did the first weigh in. Not pretty. But I have to forgive myself. I survived the holidays, and I'm wearing a ton of clothes. It can only get better from here.

I'm trying to mostly eat Eating Right brand frozen foods/dry soup mix. I will call them "ER" for short. The "cereal" I eat every day is about 3/4 cup of ER Vital 100 with 2% milk and Splenda. 100 calorie bars are in the cereal section, ER brand. The workouts I do consist of 6 to 9 exercises, between 8 and 15 reps (usually 12), 3 sets each, and/or cardio. The reps and weights vary so much, I might not bother to get too specific with the report, but I'd be happy to answer questions if you have any. I'm trying to drink about 5 liters of water a day, not counting pop and green tea. Those are extras after the water is done.

1/14/09
Breakfast: Cereal, 1/2 Grapefruit, Yogurt, coffee
Lunch: Salad, cheese stick, soup(Cambell's Select Harvest Light)
Snack: Apple, cheese stick
Workout: 30 min walking 3.5mph/8 incline, 30 min jogging 5.5mph/.5 incline
Dinner: ER Chicken Enchilada, salad, beet, 100 calorie bar
I really deserve this enchilada after braving the cold to get my ass to the gym.

1/15/09
Breakfast: Cereal, 1/2 Grapefruit, Yogurt, coffee
Lunch: Salad, cheese stick, soup(Cambell's Select Harvest Light)
Snack: Pear, cheese stick
Dinner: ER Turkey Meatloaf, brussels sprouts, salad, 100 calorie dessert bar
No workout, just trying to stay alive in the -45 windchill.

1/16/09
Breakfast: Cereal, 1/2 Grapefruit, Yogurt, coffee
Lunch: Black bean soup, salad, whole grain roll (Whole Foods)
Snack: Apple, cheese stick
Dinner: ER Chicken and basil cream sauce, broccolini, salad, 100 calorie bar
Workout:40 min jogging 5.5mph/.5 incline, 20 in walking 3.5mph/8 incline
Honestly, I could have run more, but I didn't drink enough water today, and got runners cramp throughout. I have to be better about drinking water on my days off. I have replaced the occasional afternoon coffee with green tea, though. It's easy, since it's a good way to warm up in this weather. It'll be tougher when the sun starts beating down.

1/17/09
Breakfast: Cereal, 1/2 Grapefruit, Yogurt, coffee
Lunch: ER Potato Leek soup, salad, cheese stick
Snack: Apple, cheese stick
Dinner: ER Sesame Chicken, slice of Mexican cheese, beet, salad, 100 calorie bar
Workout: 20 minutes walking, 15 minutes jogging, 25 minutes stationary bike.
I had my apple snack pretty early, and was totally drained before my workout. I was just jumping from exercise to exercise, trying to keep myself moving for an hour. It wasn't easy. Then I broke down and had a slice of that gorgeous Mexican cheese, because it was staring at me from the fridge. God, it was delicious.

1/18/09
Breakfast: Cereal, 1/2 Grapefruit, Yogurt, coffee
Lunch: ER Split Pea Soup, salad, cheese stick
Snack: Pear, Cheese Stick
Dinner:ER Cheese Ravioli, salad, 100 calorie bar
Indulgence: I ate about 1/2 bag of movie popcorn at "Frost Nixon." God help me.
Workout:17 min jog 5.5mph, 13 min walk 3.5mph, chest press, pushups, pulldowns, stepup with curl, bent over row, leglifts, oblique bridge, isometric crunch, squat w/overhead press. After all the arm work, it was tough even swinging my arms in a jog.

1/19/09
Breakfast: Cereal, 1/2 Grapefruit, Yogurt, coffee
Lunch: ER Potato Leek Soup, salad, cheese stick
Snack: Pear, String Cheese, 2 sugarfree Werther's candies - YUM!!
Dinner: ER pepperoni pizza, salad
Workout: None--I wimped out this morning sleeping in after the late movie. Feeling guilty. I have rehearsal, too, so I'm screwed. Maybe I'll do a double tomorrow.

1/20/09
Breakfast: Cereal, 1/2 grapefruit, yogurt, coffee
Lunch: Roasted Vegetable Lasagna from Mista, diet coke
Snack: none--felt a little guilty about the lasagna
Dinner: ER Whole Grain Beef, brussels sprouts and yellow squash, salad, 100 calorie bar.
Workout: 5 min walking 3.5 mph, 55 min jogging 5.6 mph, 0.5 incline. I tried to do some kickboxing after with Marky, then almost puked. I really wanted to kick and hit the punching bag like UFC. That's the most I've ever run in my LIFE, so he let me chill out with a gatorade instead of going forward with the training. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

My hairdresser and I talked about running the Shamrock Shuffle this year. It's in 10 weeks, and I felt totally ready to join in, remembering the 5K I walked a few years ago. Linda (that's my hairdresser) reminded me that the walk is 5K, but the run is 8K. So, tonight, I felt like I had to prove myself on the treadmill. I think in 10 weeks I'll be able to withstand air resistance and all that jive. And, hopefully, I'll be about 10 or so pounds lighter. I'm signing up tonight.

1/21/2009
Breakfast: Cereal, 1/2 grapefruit, yogurt, coffee
Lunch: ER Black Bean soup, salad, cheese stick
Snack: Pear, cheese stick, sugarfree caramel
Dinner:ER butternut squash ravioli, beet, zucchini, salad, 100 calorie bar
Workout: 1 hr walking 3.5 mph 6.0/7.0 incline

No comments: