Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bouncing Baby Book Born!

But, it's not really a baby book. In fact, I think the book has a somewhat deceptive title. It's not religious, either. Gosh, I think I spend a lot of time talking about what the book isn't. My book summary starts with, "This isn't a book about my husband's kidney transplant." So what the hell is it?

The Blessing of I Understand is my first attempt at a book. It's a funny, touching, life-affirming memoir chronicling the last two years of my life. Here's the skinny: September '06, my husband and I got married. October '06, he got sick. Really sick. July '07, he got a kidney transplant. October '08, we find ourselves transformed in ways we never thought possible.

Writing the book has been the hardest thing since living the actual story. Some nights I would sit at the computer and get sick remembering how difficult it all was. Now that it's all out on paper, it's almost like the memory can have some rest. The story isn't all doom and gloom, though. There are some very funny, real moments. I'm so lucky to be a partner to a man who makes me laugh through thick and thin.

I've learned a lot about myself in writing The Blessing. I also learned what a PDF file is, how to cut and paste with a Mac, how useful a Bcc can be, and that anyone can independently publish a book. It took me over a year to finish, and I'm ready to start new projects! Beginning Oct. 15, the book will be available at: www.lulu.com/breegordon.

Stay tuned for more blogs. I will make subsequent entries much more colorful and ridiculous.

Breezy

2 comments:

Moe Martinez said...

well I've addded the blog to my mail program so I can see when you update ;D

Breezy said...

Oh no,

You're saying I'm accountable, now?