Saturday, August 25, 2007

Introducing Chris


I know this is a little out of order.  For all two of you who are reading this, Chris is located between Andy and Amber.

I am a terrible liar.  I have no poker face.  I am also gullible like no other.  So, you could score pretty big if you throw a surprise birthday/blackjack party for me.  Chris, however, has been a magician as long as I have known him, and he is a good liar.  The first time I met him, we were both at a high school theater dinner.  Throughout dinner, the flash of a camera was eminent.  Being the big-haired Texan I am, I want to know in which direction I should face to smile for my close-up.  After the flash happened four or five times, I began to get antsy.  No one was yelling, "Say Cheese!" or "Smile!"  Chris was sitting in the general direction the flash was coming from, and I asked him if he was taking pictures.  He shrugged his shoulders and looked at me cluelessly.  The flash went on throughout dinner, like Chinese water torture.  To this day, I am not really sure if and how Chris did it.  Or why he did it, for that matter.  I never got a straight answer from him, but I can only assume he did it to mess with everyone's heads. 

Chris was one of the nicest guys I knew in high school.  We had lots of deep teenage soul-baring conversations on the stairs backstage during shows.  And he always had new card tricks and flash paper.  I am thrilled to know that he is totally serious about magic, now.  I love knowing that so many of my friends are following their dreams. 

No comments: